cookie trays - excellent for parties!

I love a good cookie tray! The idea of small bites of desserts pleases me, and I like coming up with a variety of flavors and textures. (Though let's be honest: I'd be happy if it were all chocolate.) Cookie trays are super fun for parties because you can serve a lot of people easily, and very often, cookies can be made ahead and frozen with excellent results. There are some standby flavors I often repeat, such as brownies and lemon bars, because they are delicious crowd pleasers.

Here's a cookie tray I made for a friend's graduation party with alfajores with homemade dulce de leche, lemon bars, magic cookies, and brownie bites:








For graduation, I made Neapolitan cookies in school colors and chocolate fudge cookies:


And my lovely niece's Oneg Shabbat for her bat mitzvah featured several of our family favorites with a few others thrown in: lemon bars, chocolate fudge cookies, brownies, chocolate caramel oat squares, Neapolitan cookies, Grammy's coffee cake, and magic cookies:





You should have seen me on the airplane with the giant duffel bag filled with boxes of cookies! (We assembled the trays there, luckily!)




Comments