chanukah party cookie tray

For the temple's K12 Chanukah party, I took on the ridiculous task of baking cookies and desserts for 85-100 people. We have quite a few gluten-free congregants - as well as our beloved RJC - so I selected three different GF desserts to make sure everyone's needs were met. Flavor-wise, there was something for everyone. And as a doughnut hater (yeah, come for me), I didn't miss having sufganiyot at all!


Gluten desserts: brownies, cranberry lemon bars, chocolate crinkle cookies, apple pie bars (these were tasty but did not come out "done" enough; they had a soggy bottom. I actually sliced them, put them on a cookie sheet, and baked them a second time! Who knew that would work, but it did!)


Gluten-free desserts: Florentine cookies, meringues (festively colored blue for Chanukah), and peanut butter chocolate bars (these would usually have gluten, but I used GF graham crackers and there was no loss as far as taste or texture)














Comments