tiny wedding cake

COVID has made for some big changes in the types of events we can currently host and participate in, but it hasn't completely put a damper on birthdays, bar mitzvahs, and weddings. It's those celebrations that pervade even in difficult times, and we are better humans for continuing to find joy wherever we can. Friends of the family got married a few months ago with just an officiant and his mom present. I'm not sure what kind of shindig they would have thrown in normal times, and maybe they'll have a big party for their one-year anniversary, but we still wanted to mark the day and make it special. Ellen asked me to make a tiny wedding cake for Adam and his lovely bride, so I made a 6", 3-tier chocolate cake topped with flowers. (Actually, Adam would probably have preferred pie, but it's just not as festive in my mind!) I purposely stuck to a white and pale pink palette to seem wedding-y. I love how gorgeous these simple Trader Joe's blooms make the cake look! 




Comments