who's that kid with the oreo cookie?

Oreo cake! Oreos are my favorite store-bought cookie. And I really only like plain ol' Oreos. I am willing to go as far as Double Stuf or Oreo Thins, but none of the weird flavors they sell interest me at all. I'm an Oreo purist. Of course, Oreos work great in cake. When I worked at the bakery, they had a giant bag of pre-crushed cookie crumbs that we used to flavor the frosting. I went old school, bought a pack, and smashed them in a ziploc bag with the back of a wooden spoon.

I mixed Oreo crumbs into both the cake batter and the frosting, and then I decorated the cake with poofs of frosting, each topped with half a cookie. Other than the cookies not cooperating perfectly when I tried to cut them in half (several of them broke), the look of the cake was just as I envisioned, and it tasted great!





Comments