stuff i haven't posted yet: chocolate pecan pie

Pie or cake... the age-old question. For me, the answer is almost always cake, but there are a couple of pies that float my boat. Chocolate pecan pie is one of them... even though it breaks my "nuts should not interrupt chocolate" mantra. It's ooey-gooey, rich, and has just a hint of alcohol flavor (another thing I usually hate in desserts). I can't really explain why it works, but it does. Each Thanksgiving, we go through the list of what we're going to make. My mom and I are always eager to try something new, but since you have to make everyone's favorites, there aren't any items you can skip, and there's not really room to add any dishes. Dessert is one place where I seem to be able to play around a little... pumpkin cheesecake one year, pumpkin pie the next. This time, I was able to sneak in the chocolate pecan, and it was definitely worthwhile!

It's always so pretty before it's baked, when the crimping is still perfect.

The nuts got a little dark, but the crust was a nice golden brown.

 Perfect.
(It looks like the pie is sitting directly on the counter, but it's actually in a glass pie plate!)

The recipe is from David Lebovitz, so really, you can't go wrong.

Print chocolate pecan pie recipe.

Comments