delicious new challah recipe

I am so excited! This weekend is a first for me: I am teaching my very first cooking class! It's actually part of a fundraiser for my kids' school - I am hosting a challah baking class, and my four students' "tuition" is a donation to the school. I have wanted to host a Party Book party for a while, but the formerly-shy person in me was nervous, so I decided to start small. I will be teaching a group of 4, as that is all the oven space I have. I know that baking with yeast can be intimidating to people who don't bake too often, so I thought it would be fun to share some knowledge with friends and get them comfortable with a new skill. Because baking bread takes so long, I'm planning a secondary baking project while the dough rises (mandel bread!), and we'll eat lunch while our bread bakes. It should be a really fun, challenging morning, and I am so looking forward to it.

Although my family challah recipe is delicious, I was really captivated by the new recipe I learned in my Pro Baking 1 class at the New School of Cooking. It is soft and just a touch sweet and eggy. Kind of like good, bakery-made challah. I've only made it the once, but I knew I wanted to try it again for the class. The picture is not gorgeous - it was taken on the work table during class - but the bread was fabulous!


I'm not sure if sharing the New School's recipes is on the up-and-up, so I will not post it here, but let me know in a comment if you are interested. I'll follow up to share if the class goes well!

Comments

Nanette said…
That looks delicious! I'm sure your class will go great!