the "baked" chocolate chip cookie is a no-go!

Thumbs down; WAY down! I just made half a batch of the Baked chocolate chip cookie recipe, and I think it's awful! The cookies are flat, buttery, and unappealingly soft, not chewy. They also got dark very fast. Since I didn't want to make any more of the cookies, experimented with the remaining batter to try to make cookie brittle (basically: make cookie dough, spread flat on a cookie sheet, bake 20-25 minutes, cool completely, and break into random-sized pieces), but even that looks horribly unappealing. There's no crunch. Ick! Tossing these out. I'm glad I only made half a batch!

Has anyone else found this recipe to be unsuccessful? It serves me right: I said I was going to stop experimenting since I found a good recipe! Oh well, can't blame a girl for trying!

Comments

Haha... at first I thought, "of course the choc chip cookies are baked... then I realized you meant the recipe was from the bakery Baked. I haven't tried it, but I've heard other recipes in the book are excellent. Have you tried any others?

:)
ButterYum
Jami said…
I tried the Baked brownies (http://nightbaking.blogspot.com/2009/08/baked-brownie-results.html) but I wasn't wowed by them. Wonder if the recipes just don't translate to home? People rave about the bakery...
mădălina said…
okay, so when i was young... about 10.. my mom and i used to make the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever. They were fairly substantial, didn't fall flat, and had the perfect texture.

Since then, I have been on a mission to find a similar cookie.... but most of my cookies either fall flat, or just fall short of being ah-ma-zing.

going to add this to the "don't try pile" .. heh thanks