all glitter, no gold



Gourmet.com has an online-only article featuring their favorite cookies from 1941-2008. I wondered whether cookies had changed much over the past 60+ years, but there didn't seem to be as much variance from decade to decade as I would've expected. Still, I liked the way they encapsulated each decade's political climate in terms of its effect on cookies.

These Glittering Lemon Sandwich Cookies from 2008 looked so cute, I had to give them a try. We were going to my parents' for dinner, and my dad loves lemon, so I was going to bring some with me. Unfortunately, I thought they were kind of awful. Not only did I not bring them to my parents', when I brought them to work, they weren't all eaten! You know if the chazers at work won't eat them, they're not good. Fortunately, I had fun taking pictures of the process.

Side benefit: I got a teaspoon cookie scoop out of the deal. The recipe required a "scant teaspoon" of dough and it was a pain in the neck using my teaspoon measure. I have gotten very spoiled by cookie scoops!

Without further ado, on to the pictures of the not-good cookies!




Oops, I think I forgot to take pictures of the assembled cookies. Oh well. Have a good night.

Comments