forever 21 debacle

Did anyone else see this article? http://consumerist.com/357339/forever-21-no-you-cant-bring-your-kid-into-the-dressing-room I found it intriguing that people's biggest issue with the story was the fact that an 8-year-old boy should not see his mother trying on clothes.

Maybe because my kids are still little, and I'm constantly trying to get them to stay still and within eyesight when we're in public, I can't yet imagine purposely letting them wait outside my dressing room. I'm sure when they're older it will be different, though I don't know at what age they'll officially be "older." In my mind, the possible risk of the child having to wait out of the mother's line of vision significantly trumps any potential ill effects of seeing his mother pull on pants or a shirt.

And frankly, my biggest issue with the story? What mom of an 8-year-old is shopping at Forever 21?

Comments