hannah turns 17

Not surprisingly, as a year went by, Hannah turned 17! She's the first of the girls to this milestone, which should mean she's allowed to drive them places, having had her license for a year. But instead, we were headed back into lockdown, and instead of last year's big party, this year was a quiet celebration at home with just her three besties, in the backyard, distanced (and hopefully masked). The morning of, Hannah's mom, Jennifer, called to round up the girls, and I offered to make a cake. This time, I made King Arthur Flour's vanilla birthday cake (it is really soft and crumby and tasty) paired with salted caramel frosting (because I happened to have homemade salted caramel in the fridge!). I didn't get to taste it, but I hope they enjoyed it and it brought a little sweetness to the day!




Comments