milk dud cookies

I really wanted to love these cookies. A chocolate cookie, rolled in sugar (my addition), and filled with caramel: what's not to like? They caught my attention immediately and were billed as tasting like a combination of a cookie and a Milk Dud. The Ginger Cook gave them such high praise, but unfortunately, I thought they were just so-so. The chocolate flavor wasn't very deep, and the caramel was nice and oozy just out of the oven, but it hardened after a few hours. (As the original post points out, a very quick zap in the microwave takes care of that.) I wish I could give them a higher recommendation, but not every cookie can be a winner. At least they look yummy!



Comments

mer said…
bummer. but you're right, they do look great! :)
I'm so sorry they didn't turn out well :( Maybe the cocoa powder you used is the culprit? I'm not sure if I noted it in my recipe, but I always seem to use "dark cocoa powder". I've also noticed that sometimes when I don't use enough salt, my chocolate tastes flat... Oh well.
Anonymous said…
I haven't tried these yet, but I found a recipe for Salted Caramel-Stuffed Chocolate Truffle Cookies on the Pillsbury website. I am thinking these will be amazing. Hoping to try them today.