freezer fulla cookie dough

Did I mention my new favorite trick? I'm long accustomed to freezing cookie dough, but then it's a pain in the neck to either wait for it to defrost or try to hack hunks off of it to form into cookies. Then I read about a great idea... scoop the cookie dough into balls before you freeze it! As you scoop the dough, place the balls close together on a narrow cookie sheet, one that fits in your freezer. Flash freeze them - I usually pop the tray in the freezer and forget about it for a couple of hours, but 30 minutes will probably do. To store, place the frozen dough in a ziploc bag, suck all the air out of it, and throw it back in the freezer.

This way, you can bake two or three cookies - or a dozezn - any time you like, straight from the freezer. Perfect for surprise guests! Just add two or three minutes to the baking time. This should work for any scoop-and-drop cookie dough. I usually keep at least one variety of chocolate chip cookie dough on hand at all times. I'm sure it lasts at least a couple of months this way, but cookie dough never stays in my house long enough to test that theory.

Look how cute!


(Next personal photo assignment: figure out how to have both the cookies on the sheet and the cookies in the bag in focus. I was trying out Josh's micro-lens for the first time here.)

Comments