Saturday, March 8, 2008

this woman, she is wise...

I saw this photo on JustJenn's flickr photostream, and when I was stocking up on purple sprinkles at Surfas this week, I noticed the cocoa on an endcap. Who knew such a thing existed? I splurged on a pound of it. Oh my god, it is GORGEOUS. So dark and rich. It even looks less bitter and less dry than regular cocoa. Is that possible? Would it be a waste of money - or just an incredible luxury - to make hot chocolate from it?

Tuesday, Baker's Banter (the KA blog) did a post on truffles. What better way to test out the new cocoa? A big bar of Valrhona and some heavy cream later, and I've got scoops of ganache chilling in the fridge, waiting to be hand-rolled and dipped.

Of course, we're also watching The Guardian right now, so perhaps the chocolate can wait. Top Gun in the water, baby...

1 comment:

justJENN said...

That stuff is better than gold.