this woman, she is wise...

I saw this photo on JustJenn's flickr photostream, and when I was stocking up on purple sprinkles at Surfas this week, I noticed the cocoa on an endcap. Who knew such a thing existed? I splurged on a pound of it. Oh my god, it is GORGEOUS. So dark and rich. It even looks less bitter and less dry than regular cocoa. Is that possible? Would it be a waste of money - or just an incredible luxury - to make hot chocolate from it?

Tuesday, Baker's Banter (the KA blog) did a post on truffles. What better way to test out the new cocoa? A big bar of Valrhona and some heavy cream later, and I've got scoops of ganache chilling in the fridge, waiting to be hand-rolled and dipped.

Of course, we're also watching The Guardian right now, so perhaps the chocolate can wait. Top Gun in the water, baby...

Comments

Anonymous said…
That stuff is better than gold.