- If you have an elementary school-aged child and a toddler, do not take them out to dinner at 8:15 on a weeknight, especially when your toddler is already asleep on your shoulder before you even enter the restaurant. I know everyone has to eat, and it's hard to get dinner on the table some nights. But it makes me crazy when I see parents out with little tiny kids so late at night.
- All the potential jurors who are not primary English speakers were excused. Coincidence?
- Do you think the attorneys remember that this is supposed to be a jury of the defendant's peers, not their own?
- The number of people who have been the victim of crimes - serious or petty - is stunning.
- Even worse is the staggering percentage in which no arrest was made. Surprisingly, those people don't seem to hold it against the police.
- In response to one juror's comment that he'd experienced small crimes, like having his car stolen, the judge remarked, "Oh, are we calling that 'little' these days?" Good sense of humor, judge.
- I could swear the defendant was sleeping in court today. I know it can be boring, and I have had a hard time keeping my eyes open at times, but for god's sake, it's not my ass on the line!
- People have some crazy-ass hairstyles.